Refining GSoC Proposal

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:11:54 CDT 2018

> So I've been busy this week unfortunately. I had the chance to look over
> some functions though today. I saw that on the ideas list text rendering
> functions were mentioned specifically, so I took a look at those and found
> a few of them with their corresponding MSDN pages:
> ID3DXFontImpl_GetGlyphData
> ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadCharacters
> ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadGlyphs
> ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadTextA
> ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadTextW
> ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextA
> ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextW
> ID3DXFontImpl_OnLostDevice
> ID3DXFontImpl_OnResetDevice
>
> Could working on these fill enough time for a summer project?

I think it's not enough for a full GSoC project, although I'm
notoriously terrible at assessing work / time needed to do
something...

I just sent you a private email with a bunch of GSoC info
(congratulations for getting accepted btw!) and some more exploratory
stuff I suggest you to do WRT those ID3DXFont methods. If / when you
get some more time, keep looking for other functions you might be
interested in implementing. It's probably better to come up with a
larger set of functions / APIs and do as much as time permits (i.e.
not expecting to finish everything) than the other way around.