UIRibbon continues

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Thu Dec 20 17:29:37 CST 2018

Hello wine-devel,

I'm still investigating that file format that I mentioned some time ago (see  https://
www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2017-July/118544.html), but I'm progressing.
In short, to implement uiribbon, we need to be able to parse a binary blob that specifies
how the ribbon looks like and how it behaves.

I'm currently at a state where my understanding is at least partially usable, and I wanted
to start writing tests to cement my progress. However, I'd like to write it in a format that
would be acceptable for wine upstream from the start.

Most problematic is the parser for the binary blob, IMHO.
Is there already something similar where I could take some hints regarding style? For
example how to best handle the whole error checking thing, add debug logging or how to
handle memory allocation/freeing.

Regards,
Fabian Maurer