GSoC

Josh DuBois duboisj at codeweavers.com
Sun Feb 25 09:00:10 CST 2018

Hello Abhishek!

As far as I know, those operations do not work on any platform. Fixing
that could be one part of making it easier to use explorer for file copy
operations.

I entered that project on the Wine GSoC page, and I'm thankful that you
are interested.  Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.  I am
not a Wine developer myself (I work for CodeWeavers on CrossOver related
things).  I have spent a lot of time lately wishing I could do things
more easily with explorer :)

In terms of the failures you see with the copy operations, you might
first look to see whether there is any code which attempts to implement
those on any platform, or whether they are just menu items that aren't
connected to anything at all (I suspect the latter but I don't really
know).

Regardless, the first steps are likely going to be the same as for any
GSoC project.  The Wine GSoC page is the place to start, with things
like obtaining and building the source, then submitting some simple
patches as what I believe are the typical next steps.

Again, welcome, and thank you!