This year's changes to the "Submitting Patches" page

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 10:01:13 CDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I've made (and Alexandre has approved) changes to our commit message
recommendations <https://wiki.winehq.org/Submitting_Patches> to
reflect this year's WineConf discussions. The major differences from
the previous information on the wiki are:

- Explicitly request use of the imperative mood

- Add more instructions on how to write paragraphs of explanation

- Recommend inclusion of a Wine-Bug line with a URL to Bugzilla
(similar to Gentoo's Gentoo-Bug)

- Clarify that Signed-off-by means that you think a patch is good
enough to go into Wine (and not that you are obligated fix any
regressions it may cause)

- Clarify that Signed-off-by also signifies compliance with legal
requirements for developing Wine code (although we don't have a
"Developer Certificate of Origin" yet)

- Tell patch submitters to put extra information (not intended for the
commit log) below three dashes

Please let me know if you notice any more problems with the page,
although it is on a wiki, so you are welcome to improve it yourself
;-)

-Alex