Wrap-up of wineconf

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 04:51:30 CDT 2018

On 9 July 2018 at 11:35, Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de> wrote:
> I took some brief notes (mostly as report for SUSE), hoping for videos to be avaible ;)

I've sent out the first couple of videos to Stefan, who will splice in
the slides. We are still missing a couple of slides though, so if you
haven't sent your slides to Stefan yet, please do.

> Circa 40 people were present, several newcomers and a small number of external
> wine users. Codeweavers shipped over most of this staff, which would usually
> not come (guessing around + 7 people of QA, support and bizdev).
> This made it the largest Wineconf (so far).

Going by the group picture, I'd put the number of people a bit closer
to 50, especially on the first day.

> A. Next Wineconf
>
>    Mid of year was well received, the weather was pleasant in Den Haag.
>
>    There were some ideas:
>    - Kiev, Ukraine externally suggested
>    - Vilnius
>    - Toronto, Kanada
>    - Austin, Texas, US
>    - Stuttgart, Germany
>    - (they tried to volunteer me for Nuernbeg too)

There are also offers for Japan from Alexandre, and for Bali from
Aric. An interesting note there is that Alexandre will be holding the
WineConf 2019 keynote in Japan, regardless of where everyone else is
going. :D