This year's changes to the "Submitting Patches" page

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 9 10:08:50 CDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 01, 2018 at 05:01:13PM +0200, Alex Henrie wrote:
> - Clarify that Signed-off-by means that you think a patch is good
> enough to go into Wine (and not that you are obligated fix any
> regressions it may cause)

The only part I dislike is this:

> You can also use git config format.signOff true to enable this setting by default on every new commit.

Since we are allowed to send sign-offs on others' behalf (a practice I
dislike, but it is what it is), I don't think we should make it easy
for people to accidentally include sign-offs on patches that aren't
intended to go upstream.

Otherwise looks great, thanks.

Andrew