The compiled from source WINE has no font antialiasing, but installed from the package has.

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Sun Jul 22 14:16:21 CDT 2018

When I build WINE from source code and then run it from the build directory, all programs run with weird font rendering: some fonts has only grayscale antialiasing, most are not antialiased at all. Subpixel smooting is not working at all.

The installed from the system repositories WINE (Manjaro Linux/Arch) has fine subpixel antialiasing.

Both versions run on the same WINEPREFIX (~/.wine/) and all the registry keys are properly set for subpixel antialiasing.

Tried to make new wine prefix, but the result is the same, with the difference that even the rare grayscale antialiasing disappeared.

When building, I am following the directions from here: https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Wine#Shared_WoW64

What I am doing wrong when building and how to diagnose/fix it?

--
John Found <johnfound at asm32.info>