Wine staging 3.13 release

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 23 07:16:39 CDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 04:19:07PM +0200, Kai Krakow wrote:
> This new winepulse patchset seems to introduce very bad audio
> distortion for me. Sound is played at around half of its original
> speed with what sounds like empty buffers alternating with filled
> buffers. I'm currently cross-checking by reverting to the old
> patchset.
>
> Changing PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC only introduces visible audio lag but
> doesn't fix the distortion. This was different with older releases
> (before native pulseaudio support).
>
> Running pulseaudio 11.1 here usually without setting
> PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC. My setup worked with both USB audio and builtin
> audio just fine until now, switching audio sinks and sources also
> worked.
>
> If there's anything I can help with diagnosing this, let me know.

Thanks Kai, this is great feedback. Is every application affected, or
only some applications? The patch is intended to improve audio with
USB hardware and remove the need for hacks like the PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC
override, using winealsa on PA systems, or disabling PA altogether.

Could you send me a short log with the channels from
https://wiki.winehq.org/Sound along with a description of your audio
hardware? Either private email or on bug 28282 is great.

Thanks,
Andrew