Winebrowser

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Sat Jul 28 15:16:55 CDT 2018

On Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2018 09:54:03 CEST Allen Bair wrote:
> I was recently browsing the internet looking to understand how to change
> WINE so that it launches the default system browser rather than
> winebrowser and came up with a complicated series of regedit gymnastics.
>
> Out of curiosity, why not just set WINE by default to open browser links
> in the default system browser? This would solve a lot of problems for
> the user.

I don't quite understand what you mean. If I'm not mistaken, winebrowser just does a bit
of converting and starts the system browser. At least that's how it is for me, when I click a
link in for example an installer, it opens in my linux-browser chrome.

What exactly is happening for you, and what would you want to change?

Regards,
Fabian Maurer