[PATCH 0/4] winevulkan: Update to 1.0.76
thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:52:09 CDT 2018
Until now our Vulkan implementation was stuck at 1.0.51 due to licensing of vk.xml.
Now that the license issues are resolved, we can migrate to a newer version.
The patch series updates to latest vk.xml (1.1.76) and adds parsing for the new
vk.xml version. They added 'alias' types to not have to duplicate information
about data types and functions for functionality promoted to Vulkan 1.1 Core.
This required a lot of changes.
Along the way I found some bugs / parsing issues in the original script to
simplify code review, I moved these earlier in the series as they are indepent.
Vulkan 1.1 moved a lot of extensions into its Core including interop extensions
for memory, fences and semaphores. These rely on platform specific functionality
and would need some more implementation work to support. (It is also the question
how we would deal with these. Probably needs to be implemented in winex11.drv to
allow vkd3d to use them).
For now to avoid having to deal with full 1.1 support, I'm leaving out 1.1
features and leave the patch version at 76. Essentially bringing us to 1.0.76.
In practice support for updated extensions is what benefits most users as there
are probably not many applications needing Core 1.1.
Roderick Colenbrander (4):
winevulkan: Fix parsing of const function pointer members.
winevulkan: Parse forward declared struct members.
winevulkan: Parse extension require sections one by one.
winevulkan: Update Vulkan support to 1.0.76.
dlls/vulkan-1/vulkan-1.spec | 28 +
dlls/winevulkan/make_vulkan | 319 +-
dlls/winevulkan/vk.xml | 6448 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
dlls/winevulkan/vulkan_thunks.c | 377 ++-
dlls/winevulkan/vulkan_thunks.h | 156 +-
dlls/winevulkan/winevulkan.spec | 28 +
include/wine/vulkan.h | 1739 ++++++-----
7 files changed, 6219 insertions(+), 2876 deletions(-)
More information about the wine-devel