mpr: Return correct error code for non network paths and REMOTE_NAME_INFO_LEVEL in WNetGetUniversalName.

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 14 10:56:44 CDT 2018

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 04:17:41PM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:03:25AM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> >> If the patch is not changed, preserving the original sign-off is the
> >> right thing to do.
> >>

> > I thought Signed-off-by meant something like, "I agree to help debug
> > this if something goes wrong." It seems wrong to make that statement
> > to wine-devel on someone else's behalf. If I put a sign-off and send
> > it to wine-staging that means something different to me than if I send
> > it to wine-devel.
>
> It should be taken to mean something like "I think that this is good
> enough to go into Wine". I don't think the meaning of Signed-off should
> change based on how the patch was submitted, particularly since patches
> can get into staging from various sources, including wine-devel.

Having a sign-off line on a patch floating around on the Internet
shouldn't be taken as permission to submit the patch with my sign-off
to wine-devel, in my opinion. Perhaps I've revised the patch elsewhere
since then and I no longer think it's good enough for Wine.

In any case, the wiki currently disagrees with your interpretation:

"""Finally, your patch should include a Signed-off-by line. This line
indicates that you accept responsibility for fixing any regressions
caused by your patch."""

  https://wiki.winehq.org/Submitting_Patches#The_commit_message

The wiki also suggests setting format.signOff, which would make
sign-offs accidentally leak easily into patches uploaded to bugzilla,
for example.

Andrew