mpr: Return correct error code for non network paths and REMOTE_NAME_INFO_LEVEL in WNetGetUniversalName.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Mar 14 16:22:03 CDT 2018

Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 04:17:41PM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> writes:

>> > I thought Signed-off-by meant something like, "I agree to help debug
>> > this if something goes wrong." It seems wrong to make that statement
>> > to wine-devel on someone else's behalf. If I put a sign-off and send
>> > it to wine-staging that means something different to me than if I send
>> > it to wine-devel.
>>
>> It should be taken to mean something like "I think that this is good
>> enough to go into Wine". I don't think the meaning of Signed-off should
>> change based on how the patch was submitted, particularly since patches
>> can get into staging from various sources, including wine-devel.
>>

> Having a sign-off line on a patch floating around on the Internet
> shouldn't be taken as permission to submit the patch with my sign-off
> to wine-devel, in my opinion. Perhaps I've revised the patch elsewhere
> since then and I no longer think it's good enough for Wine.
>
> In any case, the wiki currently disagrees with your interpretation:
>
> """Finally, your patch should include a Signed-off-by line. This line
> indicates that you accept responsibility for fixing any regressions
> caused by your patch."""
>
>   https://wiki.winehq.org/Submitting_Patches#The_commit_message

Who are you going to trust, me or the wiki? ;-)

That definition is probably too narrow. For instance, I add my signoff
to the patches I commit to indicate that I think they are good enough
for Wine. Of course in a sense I then accept responsibility for all
regressions, but that's not the only meaning.

I think there's value in allowing people to submit through other
channels but still indicate whether they think their patch is ready for
Wine. Part of the motivation for Staging was to allow people to
contribute without going through the hassle of wine-devel; declaring
signoffs to be invalid unless you send to wine-devel yourself feels like
a step backwards.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org