Student preparing for GSoC

Kieran Duggan kieranduggan15 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:38:34 CDT 2018

Hello,
I am a computer science student at the City College of New York. I have
used Linux for a few years now and have frequently relied on Wine to run
windows applications, so the opportunity to contribute to Wine is exciting
to me.

I have successfully built wine from source and ran Ski Free on it to test
if it worked. Next I wanted to try and find some of the fixmes that were
popping up so I could attempt my first patch, however I am having trouble
finding where exactly in the source the fixme's are arising. Maybe It's
obvious and I'm just too tired right now to figure it out, but I would be
very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction with
this.

While I have been learning computer science for years now, I have not yet
contributed to an open source project. I am very eager to learn and become
familiar with the process.

Thank you!
Kieran Duggan