GSOC 2018: NEED TO CONTACT MENTOR: ALEX HENRIE

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:19:35 CDT 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 10:23 PM Adeniyi Mayokun
<adeniyimayokun17 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good Day Sir, Yes i do know about the patch and I have submitted and
created a pull request on github(pull request #12) and also mailed the
patch to wine devel on updating the  Parser.l file in the wrc folder but it
has not been reviewed yet. The question i have is on implementing the
calculator app, I wanted to know if i am to build a new calculator or to
make the GNU winecalc work without errors and also know about the proposal
format?

That patch cannot be accepted into Wine for the reasons Zebediah told you:
https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2018-March/124754.html

Patches must be submitted through wine-devel; pull requests on GitHub are
ignored. Furthermore, a patch that qualifies you for GSoC has to be your
own work (submitting a patch on behalf of someone else does not count,
especially if you do not give credit to the original author).

We'd like a new calculator app written from scratch. As far as I know, the
proposal format is up to you.

-Alex