Suggestion: VK_APPS key (i.e. popup menu key)

Gero Zahn geroz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 26 06:07:31 CDT 2018

Hi,

I submitted a pull-request over at
> https://github.com/wine-mirror/wine/pull/9
and @AndreRH was so kind as to inform me that it wouldn't be picked up
over there. ;-)

So, here goes: I'm using wine on macOS with a regular PC keyboard. When
using Windows applications, I miss support for the right popup menu key
-- that's not the right Windows / Command key, but actually VK_APPS.

I've been patching winemac.drv.so via hex editor manually for quite a
while to enable support for this key. Now I thought that I might
contribute this otherwise harmless improvement back to the source code.

... I have to admit that I didn't compile the patch myself. :-( But I am
convinced that my modification to the source should result in the
desired functionality.

Here's the (minuscule) patch to keyboard.c -- if the format shouldn't
suffice, you can find everything else in above mentioned wine-mirror link at
> https://github.com/wine-mirror/wine/pull/9/files

  ---------->8 snip

$ diff keyboard_orig.c keyboard_patched.c
161a162
 >     kVK_APPS                = 0x6E,
297c298
<     { 0,                        0,              FALSE },    /* 0x6E
unused */
---
 >     { VK_APPS,                  0x6E,           TRUE },     /*
kVK_APPS */
395a397
$