Call for WineConf presentations

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 23:33:22 CDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 8:35 PM Alistair Leslie-Hughes <
leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to hear about support for DTXn. (as long as someone

> records it for me). Since the patent on this format has expired.

> It's now officially part of mesa(17?), and since a large number of bugs

> depend on this missing feature. How could we get implement

> it quickly?

When I ran into this issue in the past with Call of Duty 2, I was able to
play the game (with some graphics glitches) by turning on the driconf
setting "Enable S3TC texture compression even if software support is not
available". This setting no longer exists in Mesa 17.3 because S3TC
compression is always available. So, I believe that the DTXn bugs will just
disappear when you update Mesa.

I know that Wine Staging has a patchset to hack DTXn support directly into
Wine. If it were up to me, I would just drop that patchset.

-Alex