DXTn/S3TC in d3dx9

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 07:41:22 CDT 2018

On 30 March 2018 at 04:34, Alistair Leslie-Hughes
<leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to hear about support for DTXn. (as long as someone
> records it for me). Since the patent on this format has expired.
> It's now officially part of mesa(17?), and since a large number of bugs
> depend on this missing feature. How could we get implement
> it quickly?

I don't know about a large number of bugs depending on d3dx9 DXTn
support, but it would probably be good to resolve the issue
regardless. You'll probably want to look into libsquish [1], either
making sure the upstream API is suitable for usage in d3dx9, or
perhaps just importing it into the Wine tree.

[1] http://sjbrown.co.uk/2006/01/19/dxt-compression-techniques/