DXTn/S3TC in d3dx9

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 18:50:53 CDT 2018

Hi Matteo,

On 31/03/18 04:23, Matteo Bruni wrote:
> I have some patches for that. In the current version libtxc_dxtn is
> put under libs/, so that it's also usable from wined3d. I also have
> (previous) versions of the patch just storing the code under
> dlls/d3dx9_36/ or loading it as a .so but, having seen all of them, I
> think I prefer the libs/ solution.
> That said, I'm totally open to discussion about which library to use,
> how to integrate it and which patches to pick. I haven't looked into
> libsquish a lot but I thought it was C++?
libsquish is C++, so it's not going to be of much use.  I like the
idea of having it in lib, it will solve the issue of distro's not having
that package available any more. (Debian, Arch).

Current we have three patchset in staging for DXTn support.
https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-staging/tree/master/patches/wined3d-DXTn
https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-staging/tree/master/patches/d3dx9_36-DXTn
https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-staging/tree/master/patches/d3dx9_36-Texture_Align

These rely on loading libtxc_dxtn dynamically, so if we start by
getting your patch to store it in lib.  Then we can update the other patches
to reflect this direction.

Alistair.