What happened to dev.wine-staging.com?

Pablo Martin pmart-wine at riseup.net
Fri May 25 08:30:16 CDT 2018

I also noticed, I thought it's obviously been abandoned  but maybe
someone could give a more official notice.

Anyways, IMO it should maybe be at least redirected to the latest
available patches instead, linking to the main page is a bit sad XD
(https://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=606226&query_format=advanced&order=changeddate%20DESC%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=).
Also just redirecting it like that, imo, is a bit of a 'f-u' to the
people involved there. Maybe a notice at the top of the page would have
been better at both redirecting people and communicating the situation.
"Hey! We're now following up new patches at bugzilla (link here) and
this page just serves historic purpose from now on".

I too liked the patch proposal system there, and it was very effective
in getting discussion about patchsets and pretty good patchsets
proposed, not so effective in getting them into wine later though.

My feeling is the wine-devel mailing list together with
https://source.winehq.org/patches/ could also serve a similar purpose if
only there was some way to see patches that where neither accepted nor
denied (atm it seems like older patches are just lost). Maybe bugzilla
could serve that purpose if there was some way to mark a bug or patchset
as 'proposed for staging'.

I would kindly ask the staging maintainers (maybe they where not the
ones who did the redirect though) about some official news about this,
also about how patches can be proposed atm. The community deserves it
:D.

About everything I'm saying it's not just words I'd love to help but atm
it's a bit tricky since staging doesn't have a 'place'.

Cheers to everyone involved and thanks for your work, it's really
appreciated even if sometimes it can be controversial :).