Wine staging patches submission

Pablo Martin pmart-wine at riseup.net
Sat May 26 06:00:08 CDT 2018

On 2018-05-26 01:23, Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
> (...)

First of all, thanks for taking all your work in doing this and for
communicating clearly :)

> Once the bug it created and the patch(s) attached,  email myself or
> Zebediah

Imo this is the achilles' heel in the new proposed process, since it
makes the process pretty opaque and moves conversations to private.
Maybe a feature could be added to bugzilla so a patch or bug could be
marked as proposed for staging and then have different status like
accepted, rejected, needs work, or something similar I can imagine a few
similar ways to improve this part of the process (not necessarily
centered on staging itself, but maybe on patch status).

For example, I have proposed yesterday the inclusion of patches from
bugs 44089 and 45127 to Zebediah on irc. Other wine developers where
there and there was some great feedback from everyone, but that's
somehow lost it doesn't reflect in bugzilla or other public records.
With a personal email a similar thing would have happened maybe one gets
good or bad feedback but that won't necessarily reflect in bugzilla.

Again, thanks a lot both to you and Zebediah for your work on
wine-staging.

Regards

 Pablo