Wine staging patches submission

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat May 26 06:27:07 CDT 2018

Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since Alistair was so kind to describe how he sees Staging and its
> role in the large Wine project, perhaps it's only fair to ask the same
> of you. Concretely:
>
>   - Do you see Staging as part of the larger Wine project, or as a
> fork competing with it?

Let's be sincere on this: wine-staging now is dead regardless of the new
maintainership attempts.

>   - In case you think Staging should be part of the Wine project, do
> you think it's important for patches to flow upstream? If not, why
> not?

It's been always a declaration without obvious results.

>   - If patches should flow upstream, what process would you propose to
> ensure that happens?

I have no idea about the way of managing patches that the new maintainers
will follow, but obviously there were the reasons why the wine-staging project
has been created and why so many (even trivial) patches have been collected
there for some years. It will take some time to re-establish trust again,
I'd suggest to calm down and see how it goes instead of trying to heat up
on the rough edges again, especially from the new maintainers side.

--
Dmitry.