Wine staging patches submission

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 06:33:11 CDT 2018

On 26/05/18 21:00, Pablo Martin wrote:

> Imo this is the achilles' heel in the new proposed process, since it
> makes the process pretty opaque and moves conversations to private.
> Maybe a feature could be added to bugzilla so a patch or bug could be
> marked as proposed for staging and then have different status like
> accepted, rejected, needs work, or something similar I can imagine a few
> similar ways to improve this part of the process (not necessarily
> centered on staging itself, but maybe on patch status).
Thanks for your input.  This is going to take some time to completely
flesh out but adding a "stating status" could be a start.  We will still
need in investigate in due course, but is worth looking into.

> For example, I have proposed yesterday the inclusion of patches from
> bugs 44089 and 45127 to Zebediah on irc. Other wine developers where
> there and there was some great feedback from everyone, but that's
> somehow lost it doesn't reflect in bugzilla or other public records.
> With a personal email a similar thing would have happened maybe one gets
> good or bad feedback but that won't necessarily reflect in bugzilla.

Fair point. Information is discussed in various forms and that
is great, and bugzilla will miss this information. At end of the day,
each staging patchset should be associated with a bugzilla
issue.  So, *anybody* looking at a patchset can get an idea of what
application was affected and how.

Thanks.
Alistair.