RFC: wintab32: Qt applications crash after WTOpen

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:24:36 CDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Bernhard Übelacker
<bernhardu at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hello Alex,
> thank you for getting that bug fixed.
>
> There is just one thing that I remember now, that led me explore
> the complicated way. Now every user without such hardware gets
> such a message in the terminal:
>
>   benutzer at debian:~/.wine/drive_c/test$ wine digitalclock.exe
>   0009:err:wintab32:LoadTablet LoadTabletInfo(0x10046) failed
>
> I am not sure if thats an issue.

If I understand correctly, practically every application that depends
on the latest version of Qt is going to trigger this error message.
The message (line 168 of dlls/wintab32/context.c) should probably just
be deleted. Would you like to send the patch for that?

-Alex