TestBot news

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 15 23:20:33 CDT 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> So I switched back to nouveau and upgraded all the mesa packages to the
> Debian Backports version (18.2.8-2~bpo9+1) but this did really not help
> either :-(

It turns out that the d3d11 tests could really use
ARB_pipeline_statistics_query which upgrading to 18.2.8-2~bpo9+1 can get
us.

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2019-April/143876.html

So I went for another round of upgrades on cw1, cw2, wtbdebian9 and
fgtbdebian9 (my test TestBot VM).

* All boxes have been upgraded to the current Debian 9.

* They all have the 18.2.8-2~bpo9+1 Mesa packages from the
  Debian Backports repository.

* It turns out that once that was done, all the required dependencies were
  already installed for the Debian Testing libvkd3d packages. So I
  installed those too.

* I also added the MinGW packages.

* And I checked the installed package lists on all four machines to
  synchronize them as much as possible. This turned up some missing 32
  bit packages which I installed. The issue was typically was that I
  could not install a -dev:i386 package due to multiarch issues, so that
  instead I installed the packages it depends on and added the missing
  symbolic links but missed some of the dependencies.

* Now cw1 and cw2 have the exact same packages; and wtbdebian9 and
  fgtbdebian9 are identical as well. The two sets of machines are a bit
  different because cw1 and cw2 have LibVirt and Munin unlike their VM
  counterparts.

* Another difference is that cw1 and cw2 have the cups package
  and all the bagage that goes with it whereas the VMs only have the
  libcups* packages. Let me know if that makes a difference.

* I could not install the Debian Unstable FAudio packages: they depend
  on a newer version of libSDL2 which requires a lot of other
  significant packages upgrades, like libc6.

So everything is finally backed up and back up.
Let me know if something looks wrong in the TestBot results.

Cheers,

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>