Sending patches containing binary test files

Conor McCarthy conor.mccarthy.444 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 08:55:03 CDT 2019

I'm just about ready to send a partial implementation of mspatcha.dll. The
tests require 10 binary files of 14 Kb total. Should these be included in a
normal patch email or is there another preferred way?

I left out interleaved decoding for now, but it turns out even some
relatively small executables are interleaved based upon symbol information
etc. For example Adobe Reader installation still fails. Interleaving
support may not be difficult to add, but there could be other complications.

I verified the decoder in Windows with a fuzz tester built in VS. It's far
more thorough than the small Wine test suite. If it's useful to anyone I
could tidy it up and upload it to github.

Regards,
Conor