TestBot and graphics tests

Sveinar Søpler cybermax at dexter.no
Fri Apr 26 03:32:32 CDT 2019

----- On Apr 25, 2019, at 4:53 PM, Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:35 PM Francois Gouget
> <fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>>
>> * Second the motherboard too needs to support VT-d. Both machines have
>>   an ASRock P67 Extreme4 motherboard. Unfortunately UEFI says
>>   "unsupported" next to the "VT-d" setting for the motherboard :-( It
>>   looks like there was some confusion as to whether the P67 chipset
>>   supported VT-d initially. From what I gathered it's only Q67 that does
>>   but this caused some manufacturers, among which ASRock, to initially
>>   claim support and later retract it.
>
> From memory this Asrock board likely works okay. Back in the days we
> were a very early adopter of Vt-d/iommu working closely with Intel /
> Nvidia. Especially first gen i7 motherboards were very, very buggy
> with vt-d. Often not supporting it or else advertising support and
> having bad bugs preventing it from working. I had to test dozens of
> motherboards. Asrock at that time generally worked.
>
> Thanks,
> Roderick

Not got any huge experience with exactly this motherboard, but the first
bios'es available for those chipsets (P67) was probably a bit sketchy. You
might consider checking if there is a newer/beta bios to test perhaps?
(With any of the problems that might cause ofc).
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/P67 Extreme4/#BIOS

I guess UEFI is somewhat troublesome even if "overriding" this with kernel
options when UEFI reports "NA" for the function. I dunno if you can "force"
it like that anyway?

As long as it's not a "K" processor, the 2600 is working with vt-d, where
the 2600K does not (as you probably are aware of).

Sveinar