Wine staging 4.7 release

Sveinar Søpler cybermax at dexter.no
Sat Apr 27 09:44:34 CDT 2019

Sveinar

----- On Apr 27, 2019, at 6:48 AM, Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com wrote:

> Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
> https://www.winehq.org/download
>
> Summary since last release
> * Rebased to current wine 4.7 (839 patches are applied to wine vanilla)
>
> NOTE:
> FAudio will not be supported until distro's have FAudio library as part
> of their
> standard repositories.

Most likely not going to happen for a lot of distro's that still is supported. Would it be an
idea to have a wee bit more easy way to disable this "revert" than using:

--all -W xaudio2-revert -W xaudio2_CommitChanges -W xaudio2_7-WMA_support -W xaudio2_7-CreateFX-FXEcho

when you build wine-staging yourself? I would be fine with "--all -W xaudio2-revert".

> Updated:
> * ntdll-Junction_Points
> * eventfd_synchronization
> * server-Desktop_Refcount

https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-staging/commit/d8568c947aa346256ec3c94938b50e5e1880208a
Seems to break Battle.net with wine-staging-4.7

Reverting this, or using export WINEESYNC=0 works.

> Where can you help
> * Run Steam/Battle.net/UPlay.
> * Try you favorite game.
> * Test your favorite applications.
> * Improve staging patches and get them accepted upstream.
>
> As always, if you find a bug, please report it via
> https://bugs.winehq.org
>
> Best Regards
>   Alistair.

Sveinar