Issues with new fake DLLs

Sveinar Søpler cybermax at dexter.no
Tue Apr 30 01:35:18 CDT 2019

----- On Apr 30, 2019, at 7:35 AM, Derek Lesho <dereklesho52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, while working with EAC, I tracked down an error to EAC requiring the
> ntdll.dll it has read from system32 being over 4095 bytes in size. For some
> reason, it seems that the fake dlls have recently dropped in size, and consist
> of only a header. EAC also reads the export table later on and checks for mov
> instructions that are present in the old fake DLLs.

Could this possibly be related to something with MinGW? Around wine-4.4/4.5 MinGW was "enabled" for some cross-compile of PE-files (fake-dll's perhaps is compiled with MinGW?). I have not really studied it, and stopped using it due to various errors with recent wine (latest was some build problems with MinGW enabled).

Could you perhaps try to use the " --without-mingw" configure option if you compile yourself?

If you use the WineHQ pre-compiled binaries, i think this is compiled without using MinGW (atleast for Debian based distros).

Sveinar