Automate adding new Windows languages

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Aug 2 06:52:57 CDT 2019

Does anyone know how to automate adding new languages to Windows 10?

I have a script that can automate switching the locale settings of a
TestBot VM. It can even automatically create the live snapshots that the
TestBot needs [1].

But before it can do its magic it needs the requested locale to be
installed. Now I'd like it to be able to automate installing the
required locale too, particularly on Windows 10. When I did it manually
I noticed that Windows 10 asked me a bunch of customization questions on
reboot. Those would obviously have to be skipped too.

Note that in this scenarion Windows is already installed and running. So
the 'Windows unattended install' tools may or may not be useful.

[1] https://source.winehq.org/git/tools.git/blob/HEAD:/testbot/scripts/SetWinLocale

      Sufficently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.