Wine for NET Core WPF Apps

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 07:08:48 CDT 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 04:42, Christopher Cifra
<christopher.cifra at ni.com> wrote:

> That makes sense and matches what I am seeing.  The swapchain does have the correct window set on it by way of wined3d_swapchain_set_window.  But in wined3d_context_gl_acquire we get into the rendering offscreen case:
>
>     if (current_context && current_context->current_rt.texture == texture)
>     {
>     }
>     else if (texture && !wined3d_resource_is_offscreen(&texture->resource))
>     {
>     }
>     else
>     {
>         TRACE("Rendering offscreen.\n");
>
>         /* Stay with the current context if possible. Otherwise use the
>          * context for the primary swapchain. */
>         if (current_context && current_context->device == device)
>             context = current_context;
>         else if (!(context = swapchain_get_context(device->swapchains[0])))
>             return NULL;
>     }

Just to make sure, are you using wine-4.13 or later? What you should
be seeing is that swapchain_gl_present()[1] calls context_acquire()
with swapchain->frontbuffer, which is always considered onscreen by
wined3d_resource_is_offscreen()[2].

Henri

[1] https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/wine-4.13:/dlls/wined3d/swapchain.c#l437
[2] https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/wine-4.13:/dlls/wined3d/resource.c#l461