[RFC] Listening to keyboard in background, RawInput and DInput

Gabriel Ivăncescu gabrielopcode at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 07:23:29 CDT 2019

Hi Rémi,

I don't know much about the input thing, but do you know what Windows
does when you Alt-Tab? Does it send Alt release immediately to the
window, or when you actually release it? (even without focus)

If it's the former, I guess one easy way would be to simply release all
keys that are pressed when they keyboard is grabbed. Not sure if X11 has
such a notification facility.

But I'm pretty sure you already looked into this and turned out it's
more complicated than that. :-)