[RFC] Listening to keyboard in background, RawInput and DInput

Derek Lesho dereklesho52 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:15:54 CDT 2019

Remi,

I like this idea, as it would also reduce wineserver load for
raw-input events, since the input should be the same regardless of
which x11 thread it comes from.

One issue I can think of however is that we'll have to accumulate
raw-input mouse events in wineserver, as in my testing when you send
WM_INPUT at a rate faster than the thread calls
MsgWaitForMultipleObjects, it causes some very strange behavior,
at-least in over-watch.

Also, does dinput really send input at all times, regardless of focus?
 That sounds unnecessary for games.