Wine Gecko status

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 26 14:23:09 CDT 2019

On 8/15/19 5:07 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 8/12/19 2:53 PM, Jacek Caban wrote:
>>
>> I just pushed build fixes to wine-gecko-2.47 branch:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/wine/wine-gecko/ci/master/tree/
>>
>> I have more plans for the release and it still needs more testing,
>> but I was able to build with Git mingw-w64 and GCC 9.2 (still with
>> python 2) from that branch. Please let me know if it works for you.
>> Ideally, no additional tweaks should be needed. If you still need to
>> patch Wine Gecko, I'd be interested to hear about it and hopefully
>> have it fixed in Wine Gecko git.
>
> Thanks. Fedora Rawhide (31/32) MinGW is using GCC 9.1.1. Unfortunately
> the build fails with a compiler failure when compiling
> Unified_cpp_dom_presentation0.cpp.
>
> Snippet:
> cc1plus: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
> make[3]: ***
> [/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-mozilla-2.47/wine-mozilla-2.47/config/rules.mk:967:
> Unified_cpp_dom_presentation0.o] Error 1
> make[2]: ***
> [/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-mozilla-2.47/wine-mozilla-2.47/config/recurse.mk:71:
> dom/presentation/target] Error 2
> make[1]: ***
> [/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-mozilla-2.47/wine-mozilla-2.47/config/recurse.mk:33:
> compile] Error 2
> make: ***
> [/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-mozilla-2.47/wine-mozilla-2.47/config/rules.mk:557:
> default] Error 2
>
> I don't believe my build host is the problem. It occurred twice. Do
> you want any additional logs or preprocessed source to look at?

A bit more logs could be useful. Internal compiler error is by
definition a serious GCC bug, not our fault. If it happens with recent
GCC, it deserves reporting to GCC. If it's easy to work around, I can
put it in, but in this case GCC is not even giving a hint about
suspicious area (unless it's earlier in logs, but I think it would
usually be in the same line as "Segmentation fault").

To investigate it further, a preprocessed file would be useful. Gecko
has makefile rules that make it easy. You can get that with:

make PresentationCallbacks.i -C path/to/wine_gecko/build/dom/presentation/

It should be enough to experiment further without doing whole Gecko
builds. Please send PresentationCallbacks.i together with the command
that will be executed. I will see if I can somehow reproduce the problem
with it.

Thanks,

Jacek