Suppressing Wine prefix configuration message window?

Sebastian M. Ernst ernst at pleiszenburg.de
Wed Dec 11 04:02:24 CST 2019

Hi all,

whenever I use `wine` in a new prefix or intentionally initialize a new
prefix with `wine wineboot -i`, a configuration message window pops up
for a few seconds (see attachment: "the configuration of Wine in ... is
being updated, please wait ..."). I am heavily using Wine in shell
scripts with new prefixes being generated by those scripts on a regular
basis. In environments with X, this message window therefore becomes
sort of annoying. I'd like to "deactivate" it though I have not found a
simple / clean option. The best bad approach I found in forums is to
install a virtual X frame-buffer and to point Wine to its DISPAY.

Is there anything possibly undocumented - an option, a switch or an
environment variable - that would allow me to do what I want?

Regards,
Sebastian