Code freeze

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Dec 16 12:07:24 CST 2019

Folks,

As you know, we are now in code freeze towards 5.0. This means that
patches will only be accepted if they are small enough, and fix an
actual bug. Please make sure to mention in the patch which bug you are
fixing, so that I can assess the benefit/risk ratio of the changes.

Patches that can't go in will be marked as "deferred", and will have to
be resubmitted once 5.0 is out.

Changes to the tests are still welcome as long as they don't touch the
code outside the tests, so this is a good opportunity to work on making
the test results look better...

As usual, I'll be making rc releases every week until the final 5.0,
which I expect to be ready in the second half of January.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org