[PATCH 0/3] RFC: Implement MemoryWorkingSetExInformation.
awesie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:31:58 CST 2019
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 8:07 PM Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Are the semantics of the fields of MEMORY_WORKING_SET_EX_BLOCK documented or explained somewhere? It's hard to comment intelligently without that.
Not really. My knowledge is limited to what my test has shown:
- Demand-zero page is "Invalid"
- Once you read from a demand-zero page (or write to it), it is now "Valid"
- If you change a page protection to NOACCESS or GUARD, it is "Invalid"
- If you change a page protection from NOACCESS or GUARD to
READ_ONLY, READWRITE, ... without GUARD, it is still "Invalid"
- If you then read from that page (or write to it), it is now "Valid"
Those are the semantics that I am having a difficult time replicating
on Linux without causing additional faults. /proc/pid/pagemap lets us
handle the demand-zero page, which is most the common case.
More information about the wine-devel