msvcrt:scanf float conversion behavior

Erich E. Hoover erich.e.hoover at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 08:52:14 CST 2019

I am trying to resolve places where "long double" is being used to
compute the value of a floating point number and I am currently
looking at resolving this issue in the scanf family of functions.  I'm
not the hugest fan of having duplicated code running around, so I'm
wondering if anyone knows why scanf float behavior isn't implemented
using [str|wcs]tod (or possibly the other way around).  So, does
anyone know why this is the case?  Would a patch be accepted that
consolidates these instances?

Best,
Erich