win32 on macOS

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 30 15:53:27 CST 2019

Hi Fabian,

On Dec 20, 2019, at 6:37 AM, Fabian Maurer <dark.shadow4 at web.de> wrote:

> do you plan to continue to work on the custom compiler or do you want to work
> into a different direction using unpatched clang?

For the near- and mid-term, we're probably going to continue using the custom compiler.

Alexandre doesn't want an approach that requires the custom compiler in upstream Wine, so we'll presumably eventually need another approach.  I think he basically wants to reduce the non-PE surface area far enough that it becomes feasible to manually write thunks at the PE/host interface.

I hope that answers your question.

-Ken