Attn Packagers: Dependency addition for XAudio2 support

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 09:59:25 CST 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 00:58:01 +0000
Alistair Leslie-Hughes <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> However, FAudio doesn't appear to be in any standard repository (debian, redhat).
> So, without any official repositories for the faudio package(s), xaudio is
> going to be disabled by default for all new wine packages.

Yes. The OBS builds against the standard and update repositories for Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu, plus universe for Ubuntu. If Faudio is now a build dependency, the WineHQ packages will not have Xaudio support until the distros supply whatever packages are needed.

> Is winehq going to host faudio packages for the various distro?

I have no intention of getting into the business of building Wine's dependencies in addition to the WineHQ packages. If someone else wants to take that on, I'm happy to cooperate.

--
Rosanne DiMesio
dimesio at earthlink.net