WineConf 2019: call for volunteers

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Feb 27 07:18:42 CST 2019

Folks,

It's time to start thinking about this year's Wine conference!

Until now, selecting the next WineConf was a more or less ad-hoc
process, but we had some discussions on the wineconf list a while ago,
and it was suggested that the Wine Committee should play a more active
role in the decision, especially since the chosen location impacts the
financial decisions.

Ideally we'd define a formal set of requirements, and issue a Call for
Proposals, but it was felt that this would take too much time and thus
would be more appropriate for 2020. So I thought that for this year we'd
do a simple call for volunteers, and have the Wine Committee work with
the volunteers to select the best proposal.

So, would anybody like to volunteer to host WineConf 2019?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org