Wine SAPi support question

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Jul 10 03:24:26 CDT 2019

Please, does WINE latest development version contain SAPI 4 or SAPi5
build in support? Or I must install MIcrosoft speech SDK? I AM
wondering, how complex would be for you to develop SAPi4 or SAPi5
functions from scratch, so their names and returned values would be same
like from Microsoft, but code will be yours.
Because Wine is in fact complex emulator, which try to do its best to
emulate API functions from Microsoft but code is yours.
Because development of speech engine from scratch is not easy.