how to change Wine operating system emulation with no need to use winecfg

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Jul 10 03:40:21 CDT 2019

Because Winecfg run by using Wine, it is impossible to work with it
without OCR function, because screen reader compatible with Wine do not
exist. So please, which registry keys or other values should I change to
set Wine emulation to Windows XP from default Windows 7?
I need to test some screen readers which work differently in XP mode
than in Windows 7 mode.
Including Windows light translingual. it is written in C++ with not many
depednecies.
So I need to try it.
NVDA will never work, because it depend on many Microsoft visual C
redistributable and on their registry values. And on UI automation when
Windows is Vista or newer.
Sure, NVDA can also work differently when operating system is Windows
XP. But also in those cases, there are issues with missing oleacc.dll
MSAA specific functions.