Proposal: Build System Change (autotools->mesonbuild)?

Nathan Singer dundir at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 23:45:50 CDT 2019

Good Afternoon,

Over the last few days, I've been toying with the idea of converting the
existing build system for wine from autotools over to mesonbuild for the
additional flexibility in dependency compilation (i.e. autobuilding
dependencies as subprojects via wrapdb if shared libraries are not present).

Several other large projects are starting or have recently finished
similar conversion projects (Mesa3D) and if I move forward with this
task to completion, I'd like to clarify beforehand whether a pull
request for this would be considered?

Best Regards,
Nathan Singer