Proposal: Build System Change (autotools->mesonbuild)?

Derek Lesho dereklesho52 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 20:44:02 CDT 2019

I think it would be very interesting to see how a meson wine build would
perform and affect the workflow.  One benefit I don't see mentioned is the
ability to generate compile_commands.json, which allows IDEs to perform
intelli-sense on the codebase.  Right now I use bear (
https://github.com/rizsotto/Bear), but this requires you to regenerate the
compile_commands.json whenever you add a file to wine.

If you can get past the technical hurdles mentioned above and more, I think
many people would be interested in having it as an option alongside
autotools.