Wine and mingw-w64 cooperation

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Jun 3 09:44:03 CDT 2019

On 22/05/2019 21:45, Jacek Caban wrote:

> - Testing
>
> Wine has a TestBot and a number of test cases, which is a great tool
> for developers to make sure their patches are right. mingw-w64 does
> not have such thing and mostly depends on developers doing their own
> testing and regression reports after the patch is committed. We could
> integrate mingw-w64 testing with Wine TestBot to make sure that we
> don't break things (well, at least limit that possibility). I believe
> that it would nicely accelerate mingw-w64 development workflow as well
> as ensure that mingw-w64+Wine don't regress.

Here is how I imagine TestBot could look do:

1. Accept mingw-w64 patches (like it currently does for Wine patches)

2. Build a compiler toolchain

This is scripted in many places, so it shouldn't be too hard to
automate. We could probably start with the most common configuration.

3. Build a few projects - to make sure they build.

Wine, Wine Gecko, VLC should give a good coverage.

Francois, how does that sound?

Ideally, mingw-w64 would have its own test suite that we could run here
as well in addition to the above.

Thanks,

Jacek