On helping new developers

Vincent Povirk (they/them) vincent at codeweavers.com
Tue Jun 18 09:54:42 CDT 2019

With +relay logs I've often found it useful to delete lines that I'm
reasonably sure are not relevant. In Vim, the :g/pattern/d command
will delete all matching lines, for example :g/ntdll.RtlHeap/d will
remove heap-related calls. This has a side-effect of moving your
cursor, so it's important to keep a bookmark you can return to
afterwards.

(I'd add that to the wiki, but I just created my account, and it can't
make edits.)

It may also be useful for novice debuggers to mention any classes of
problems that are not covered on the page. That may jog the memories
of those with more experience.