OpenBSD/forks

zap zapper at disroot.org
Sat Jun 22 13:30:28 CDT 2019

I hope this is the right place to ask this,

but I wondered, would you guys be willing to make a version of
wine-staging, for OpenBSD forks?  Doesn't have to be openbsd itself mind
you, but forks of it moreover... there aren't a lot of them now, but it
would be nice to have the most secure os and being able to run
wine-staging in it.

I saw that you guys don't have any intention of supporting openbsd in
the future, does this apply to forks of openbsd, and if so, would you be
willing to reconsider?

But also, I am curious if you can tell me why if you aren't able
to/don't want to.

This is just a question I ask, my linux distro plans to make a libre
fork OpenBSD , and I rather like Wine. I would only need wine-staging,
and only for it to be buildable by source.  Like it does with linux...
although if you were to want to make the other two versions obviously,
feel free.

ps, it might be a year before this type of BSD comes out though.  I just
wanted to ask if you think this is possible in the future.

If I remember correctly, it will be called HyperbolaBSD. it will be made
by the same people who made Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre. I wondered if you
would be able to support this when its out.

I know this is a hypothetical but can you give me any thoughts as to the
possibility one way or another/why?