Profiling application under Wine

Chambers, Matthew matt.chambers42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 11:02:35 CDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a scientific application which runs much slower under Wine than on Windows for one type of data (read with a vendor's closed-source
.NET DLLs). For most other types of data (read with other vendors' closed-source DLLs, some .NET, some not), the performance is nearly the
same. I'm trying to understand why. I have run sysprof on both types of data trying to understand the difference, but without the Windows
symbols I don't really understand what I'm looking at. I also ran perf and generated these interactive flame graphs.

Perf from the slow data vendor (Thermo):

Perf from one of the fast data vendor (Bruker):

Can someone point me in a better direction for understanding what's causing this performance difference?

Thanks,
-Matt