32bit wine on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Wed Jun 26 14:24:18 CDT 2019

Hello wine-devel,

What's the current state of wine on the new macOS? Now that the beta is
released I got to play around with it, and it indeed seems to have all 32bit
support removed. On Linux at least we could switch between 64bit and 32bit
code, but the macOS kernel seems to not allow this.
Assuming we can do the thunking, what are the options to execute 32bit code on
10.15?

I see a few options:
1) Virtualization
2) Emulation / dynamic recompilation
3) Somehow get a 32bit "segment" to execute the code (Custom driver?)

Unless I'm overlooking something, that's it. What are your current plans?

Regards,
Fabian Maurer