Profiling application under Wine

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 28 11:17:43 CDT 2019

Hmm, I think wine-mono has been working in 64-bit mode for a while - although you have to invoke wine explicitly as wine64 to hook into it . I think there are some quirks about how wine and wine-mono interacts, in such a way that you cannot do 32-bit + 64-bit switches within the process - i.e. you must do 64-bit wine to get at 64-bit wine-mono.

Do you notice any performance difference between using wine-mono and dotnet472 64-bit ?

I am going back to wine-mono for your issue, as mono supports setting profiling option via environment variables (catering for exactly this use case, when mono is running embedded inside another process), and you can set WINE_MONO_* variables to pass those along. I am not sure about the exact details so you'll need to look up the relevant docs, but I know this is possible - mono has a built-in profiler, and it is accessible and turned on via environment variables.